Volunteer at The Waters
Have Fun. Make a Difference.
The Waters mission is to create communities that Thrive. Our person-centered engagement is rooted in the belief that everyone possesses six key dimensions of wellbeing— Health, Security, Community, Relationships, Purpose and Environment. Each dimension requires nurturing to achieve a balanced lifestyle, and we are looking for volunteers to help us make each day a ‘best day’ for the residents at our communities.
Volunteering with The Waters, may also lend to your sense of wellbeing. This belief is supported by growing research about the benefits of volunteering and its direct connection to personal health and wellbeing.
The Waters offers adult, academic, and youth focused volunteer opportunities.
Adult opportunities are open to anyone 18 years of age or older who wants to support their community or are simply interested in creating new relationships with others.
Academic opportunities are open to those seeking to learn, understand, practice, and apply skills and abilities related to working with those 55 and older, and associated with a college level or beyond academic program.
Youth opportunities are open to those 15-17 years old, or part of a larger school-based program, to engage in intergenerational programming and learn from the wisdom our residents and families have to offer.
Ways to get involved
- Socialize one-on-one or in a group
- Play a game, cards or put a puzzle together with a resident
- Lead or help organize a craft activity
- Read a short story or poetry to a resident(s)
- Play music such as: piano, brass or violin
- Lead devotional/prayer group
- Help our residents follow an exercise video
- Accompany a resident(s) on a walk
- Help serve, setup or assist an event
- Bring your well trained pet in to enjoy
- Help teach our residents new technology
- Accompany a resident during a social hour, concert, craft, or event